Pages


Ho, Ho, Ho.....

Wednesday 12 November 2014

I'm surprisingly organised this year and despite it only being early November I've already done most of my Christmas shopping.  Yes, sad I know but in my defense, I have family that live abroad so I have to get super organised to get it delivered in time.

Anyway, this year I decided to get all creative with my wrapping paper and instead of buying expensive gift wrap I bought 2 rolls of brown paper and printed it up using a lovely stamp I already had plus a homemade potato stamp!


First I got together my paper, ink and stamps.  The brown craft paper was from Hobbycraft and cost about £2 for a large roll.  I did buy a new white ink pad but the others I already had.


The stamp is from Noolibird and is a lovely image of a reindeer.  They do the most beautiful stamps, not cheap but I got this one a few years ago and have made countless Christmas cards and wrap so it's earning it's keep!


I find it hard to be totally random in my stamping, so as you can see this is a fairly regular pattern.


A close up of the stamp.  Gorgeous!


I wanted to stamp some stars so took a humble potato and cut it in half.


I then used a marker to draw a rough star....


...and then cut it out using a knife.  Just be careful not to cut through the star, just around the edges about a half centimeter or so in depth.


Stamp away!  It's not the most perfect star but I don't mind it's quirkiness.  All part of the charm.


I did find though that the water in the potato did mess up my ink pad a little and I'm not sure how much stamping you could do with one potato stamp.  I did about half a metre with mine because that's all I needed.  




And the finished paper stamped and presents wrapped.  Really pleased with the final result.  The gift tags are mine and can be found in my Etsy shop

Post a Comment