Pages


Etsy!

Friday 5 September 2014

Gosh where has the summer gone?  It's been ages since I wrote anything, mainly because I've been super busy in the garden (pruning and general tidying), but also because I've been working solidly on setting up an Etsy shop in the hope that someone might love (and want to buy) my little digital works of art that I've been creating.  That hasn't been helped by our computer breaking.  Sadly it was beyond repair and we've had to splash out on a new one.  Hopefully this one will be better behaved!

Anyway, back to Etsy....I've so loved messing around on Photoshop Elements that I decided to try and fund my sabbatical from work by designing gorgeous pieces of digital ephemera that can be downloaded and used in collage or scrap-booking.



I used to have an Etsy shop a few years back where I sold hand made jewellery.  It's been sadly empty for a while but if I can start getting some digital sales then I hope to start working on some new jewellery pieces.

It's a bit time consuming setting the shop up, but it's getting there. I've some more listings to load but you can check it out by going to Etsy 

One of the more time consuming aspects was choosing a name.  I'd spent weeks thinking about names - should I use something that had digital in the title, or something else that described what I made or should it just be a lovely name or something that had meaning to me?  In the end, the choice became extremely limited as virtually every name I liked had already been taken!  I eventually chose the name Alegreya (which is actually the name of a font) but I thought it had a beautiful sound and doesn't restrict me from selling other items in the future.

Hope to see you there!  Wish me luck...

Post a Comment