Pages


A revamp

Tuesday 5 August 2014

We've got a sweet little summerhouse in the garden and a few years ago I re-painted it inside and out and spruced it up a bit.  Unfortunately over the last winter, it became a bit of a dumping ground and became sadly neglected.  Which was a crying shame given the lovely summer we've had, so it was time to roll my sleeves up and restore it to it's former glory!







As you can see, not looking it's best, although the local spider population seemed very happy!  Getting rid of the ivy inside and out  took a whole morning.  I then gave the walls and ceiling a good brush and hoover and gave the floor a new coat of paint.  I didn't bother re-painting the walls as with the ivy out and a good brush they weren't too bad.  I had a rug in there that had got rather bedraggled over the winter but after washing it in the machine it came up a treat and looked great on the newly painted floor.  I cleaned all the windows too - what a difference that made! The next job was re-painting and re-covering the director's chairs.  I also made cushions for them and got some lovely fabric from our local store.  For instructions on how to make both click here.  I had a nice but uninspiring zinc lantern so I sprayed that white, along with a picture frame, tidied up the other decorations I already had in there and put it all back together.






Love the fabric on the chairs and cushions - it really matched the washed out green rug


Before spraying....



...and after, looking really clean and fresh.


Before spraying...


...and after, sprayed white with a small bit of distressing.  The picture was a print I did a some years ago of pebbles.  Looks much better in this white frame.

Looking forward to sitting out in it again (once the sun makes an appearance again!)




Post a Comment