Pages


New Year

Friday 9 January 2015

I've been a bit lax in updating the blog recently.  This is partly due to the holiday period but also because I was away for a week visiting family.  My lovely big sister recently celebrated (?) her 50th birthday and I flew over to sunny Crete to surprise her.  I'm not sure she wanted to celebrate it at all but she was very happy to see me.  As for sunny Crete, it was cold, wet and windy the week I was there and the day I left they had snow! Crazy, huh?

Anyway, I never got round to posting some stuff I wanted to before I left, so, a bit belated but here it is...

A few days before Christmas I went on a lovely half day course to make a Christmas wreath at the Cotswold Gardening School.  It was a lovely morning and I was pretty pleased with the way mine turned out.  I went for more of a natural theme.  I particularly loved the small empty birds eggs that I hot glued on.


I also bought a few new baubles this year.  I like my tree colour schemed and for the last 7 years I've used a lovely aubergine scheme but this year I had decorated the living/dining room (more on that in another post) and I wanted to stick to silver, glass and natural.


There seemed to be a huge deer and antler trend this year so I just had to have these resin antlers from gorgeous online shop Cox and Cox as were the beautiful glass bauble below and the glass dome at the bottom.  The beautiful spun glass birds were from Sarah Raven (she had some lovely decorations this year).  The large silver urchin above also came from there.



My lovely Christmas tree which I actually bought from Plantify this year and had delivered,  It was a Nordic spruce and was a super tree and a great shape.  Delivery was very quick too and inexpensive. The tree maybe looks a little plain to those who like more colour but it suited me and it suited our room and looked lovely at night with the lights on.

Post a Comment